The Henry A. Morss Memorial Trophy is awarded to the winning team in the ICSA/Gill Coed Dinghy National Championship. The trophy was donated by a group of nationally known yachtsmen as a memorial to Henry A. Morss, a Boston yachtsman and 1907 Bermuda Race winner, as well as an MIT alumnus and benefactor.
The National Dinghy Championship was inaugurated in 1937, with a group of prominent yachtsmen donating the Henry A. Morss Memorial Trophy to the Inter-Collegiate Y.R.A. as a perpetual trophy in memory of a yachtsman and former MIT official who helped make possible college dinghy racing. The donors include Charles Francis Adams, Nathaniel F. Ayer, Edwin A. Boardman, Charles P. Curtis, Chandler Hovey, and Gerald B. Lambert. The Morss Trophy, which is the most coveted and important of all inter-collegiate dinghy trophies, is a simple but beautiful bowl of the Paul Revere type on which the names of the winning colleges and crews are engraved. The early competitions were sailed at MIT on the Charles River, but since 1946 the site has been rotated throughout the member districts of the Intercollegiate Yacht Racing Association.